Search This Blog

Sunday, May 31, 2015

Shaolin China to Del Norte Colarodo - It' s been 'A' fantastic journey!

Shaolin (China) to Del Norte (Colaroda) - It's been a fun & fantastic journey; Cum Sept & '60'



Hi! Everyone,  It's been a while since I updated my blog! The reason being I was caught up with the post production of my short documentary on Bodhidharma . I am extremely pleased to inform you all that the first DVD copy has been handed over to the producers; and they are extremely happy with the final output! I will probably have some great news to share with you all on the screening of the documentary in a few days. That brings to another bit of great news i would like to share with you all! Right now I am in Chicago at my daughter's place after a brief but exhilarating visit to a small but picturesque town called Del Norte in Colorado close to Alamosa; the reason being my long time american friend Cristi invited me there to explore the possibility of shooting a short documentary on saving conserving and protecting the environment and to effectively protecting the flora and fauna from excessive drilling of oil more particularly around her 235 acre. And guess what? the good, simple people of the small town of Del Norte on watching my documentary on Bodhi Dharma immediately evinced a keen interest and wanted me to explore the possibility of my shooting another documentary about  the history, culture and the fantastic scenic spots of their town as a tourist feature! All this was made possible by the sincere efforts of my largehearted and long time american friend Cristi who started the ball rolling in the first place. And many thanks to my producer Arun, cameraman Sharon and editor Pradeep among many others who helped me complete my Shaolin project! Last of all but not the least the support i have allways received from my wife Rekha & 3 lovely daughters Smriti an avid and passionate archaeologist , Svasti an avid and highly motivated scientist & Sraiyanti who has recently completed a Masters degree in film making in the United Kingdom majoring in cinematography & with flying colours! without them in my life none of this would have ever been possible! I would like all my readers & dear friends both in the media and out of it to share my joy and happiness in all my present and future projects. Your invaluable support acts us the greatest motivator that helps me keep going even as I near '60' cum September!
Until Next Time,
Director Haricharan
31/5/2015
Chicago

No comments: