Search This Blog

Sunday, May 25, 2014

In search of "Bodhidharman" - The Blue Eyed Barbarian as he is referred in Chinese Texts -  A Myth or Real?
I am leaving for China this month end on an invitation to shoot a promo on the life of the 28th Patriarch of Buddhism "Bodhidarama" as the founder of Kung fu/Zen is referred and revered in China. I consider this a rare honor indeed and even greater privilege to have been accorded access to shoot inside the Shaolin Monastery at Mount Song, Henan Province, China. It is probably for the first time that a Indian film director but most certainly from Tamilnadu who will have the access to shoot inside the Shaolin temple and also study the chronicles of Bodhidharam first hand. I am doubly thrilled that I will be shooting a film on the life of the great "Bodhidarman" who according to all available records was a Pallava prince born in Kanchpuram! Wow! What more can i ask for! 

Bye for now! And please Wish me, my camera man and our chinese crew all the luck for the safe completion of the shoot schedule.
Until next time,
hC
25/5/2014

No comments: